25 thieving, 10 agility, 10 herblore.
Tinderbox, Chisel, 2 ropes, Pestle and Mortar, empty vial, uncut opal,
Cup of Tea, Gloves and boots to be worn all times throughout quest.
2x varrock teleport runes, boots of lightness, spotted or spottier cape.
2 quest points, 2 gold bars, 2000 herblore xp, 15300 mining xp.
- The first thing to do is to collect all the items you need for the
quest before you start.
- Start by talking to one of the examiners in the exam room.
- Then go to varrock and show the curator in the museum the certificate
you need signed to take the exams.
- Go back to the exam room and give the certificate to one of the examiners.
- Collect a panning tray which can be found in the south east area of
the dig site in a tent and search one of the sacks near a digging area
for a specimen jar.
- Go talk to all three of the students north of the exam room.
- To find the teddy bear that the student in the purple skirt is missing
go south across the east bridge and search the bushes as shown in this
- To find the animal skull that the student in the green shirt has lost
pickpocket one of the dig site workers in the dig site area as shown
in this picture ( while here keep pick pocketing to get a specimen brush.
- To find the cup that the student in the red shirt has lost, talk to
the panning guide (who can be found in the south east section of the
dig site area near the river) and give him the cup of tea, to get access
to pan in the river. Pan in the panning spot on the river until you
get the special cup as shown in this picture.
- Now go back to all the students and give them the items that they
lost to get the answers for the exam.
- Now go back to the examiner, and take the test.
- The answers to the questions are:
- The study of earth science is the study of the earth, its contents
- The eligible people to use the Digsite are all that have passed the
appropriate earth science exams.
- The proper health and safety points are gloves and boots to be worn
at all times, proper tools must be used.
- After you have passed the exam the examiner will give the earth sciences
certificate 1 and a trowel and will allow you to start the second exam.
- Go and talk to all the students again to get the answers.
- Now go back to the examiner for the second exam.
- The answers for the second exam are:
1. Samples taken in rough form, kept only in sealed containers.
2. Finds must be carefully handled and gloves worn.
3. Always handle with care, strike the rock cleanly on its cleaving point.
- After you have passed the exam the examiner will give you the earth
sciences certificate 2 and will allow you to start the second exam.
- Go and talk to all the students again. All of the students except
for the one in purple skirt will give you the answers.
- The girl in the purple skirt will give you her answers if you give
her your uncut opal.
- Now go back to the examiner for the third and final exam.
- The answers for the third and final exam are:
1. Samples cleaned and carried only in specimen jars
2. Brush carefully and slowly using short strokes.
3. Handle bones carefully, and keep away from other samples.
- After you have passed the third and final exam the examiner will give
you the earth sciences certificate 3. Now go back to the curator in
varrock and show him all your certificates.
- Then go back to the Digsite area and talk to Elissa who can be found
at the most north eastern point of the area. Then use your trowel with
the soil in the Digsite that has a big animal skeleton in it (north
of Elissa) until you find a talisman as shown in this picture.
- Go down to where you go the tent where you got the pan, and use your
trowel on the barrel that is closed up to the west of the tent to open
it, use your vial on the liquid inside. Then search the specimen tray
north of the barrel until you get a charcoal, then use your pestle and
mortar to get ground charcoal.
- Now go back to the exam room, and use the talisman on the expert.
He will give you a letter saying that you are allowed to use the winch.
- Now go to the western winch and use the letter on one of the workmen
around there, then use a rope on the winch then operate it. Then search
the bricks. Go back up and go to the eastern winch and use a rope on
it then operate it. Then talk to the workman down there about a key
keep talking to him until you get it. While your down there pick up
an arcenia root.
- Now go back to the tent where the pan spawns, and use the key on the
chest to get unusual powder. Take the unusual powder back to the expert
in the exam room to get it identified as Ammonium Nitrate.
- Now use the ammonium nitrate with the nitro glycerine then add the
ground charcoal and for the finishing touch add the arcenia root to
make a chemical compound.
- Now go back to the west winch and go down, then use the chemical compound
on the bricks and light it with your tinderbox. This will clear the
bricks out of your pathway. Now go to the centre of the room and you
will notice that it is an altar, take the stone tablet off the middle
of the talisman sign. Then go back and use it on the expert in the exam
Congratulations you have completed the Digsite quest!
To make comments or suggestions about this guide click